General Office Clerk-Temporary
Position Category: Non-Academic
Position Title: General Office Clerk-Temporary
School/Department: Office of Admissions
Reports To: Director of Admissions
Time: Full Time
Term of Employment:
Information & Responsibilities
This is a temporary full-time position which will assist with general office duties.
• Data entry.
• Copy and file transcripts and other admissions materials.
• Answer telephones and greet visitors.
• Assist receptionist and other office staff as needed.
• Handle mail runs throughout the day, including the opening and sorting of mail.
• Adept at working in a fast-paced with frequent interruptions
• Accurate typing skills.
• Ability to alphabetize correctly.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good communication skills and the capacity to work with staff, students and faculty.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Capable of lifting/pushing up to 30 pounds.
• High school graduate or high school proficiency.
How to Apply
This temporary position is available beginning October 13, 2015 and will work through March 11, 2016; there will not be any work from December 23rd through January 3rd as the Institute is closed. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: General Office Clerk in order to be considered.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.
California Institute of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.