Student Travel Grants
Sponsored by the Office of the President and Office of the Provost.
The Student Travel Grant supports travel needed to complete a class project.
CalArts students may request up to $250. Applications for Student Travel Grants will be accepted throughout the 2015-2016 academic year and are awarded on a rolling basis as long as funds are available.
In general, projects will only be funded one time.
- The student must be enrolled in a CalArts course and requested travel expenses must be applicable to coursework/assignments. This grant is not able to support travel in conjunction with independent or extracurricular projects.
- The student must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at CalArts.
- Travel must not have occurred prior to the submission of an application.
- Travel must occur between September 2015 and May 13, 2016. Summer travel is not eligible for the grant.
- Students may only receive one travel grant per academic year (July 1 - June 30).
- All receipts for reimbursement must be submitted by May 31, 2016.
Please submit the following:
- Student Travel Grant Application
- Letter of support from course instructor (which can be dropped off at the Provost's Office or emailed to Bree Howard)
Awards are disbursed by reimbursement. Grant recipients cannot receive a lump sum in advance; rather, reimbursement will be made upon the submission of a list of expenses that align with the project budget outline and original receipts attached.
How Do I Submit Receipts for Reimbursement?
Please read the directions for reimbursement and complete the Travel Grant Reimbursement Form. Completed forms and receipts can be submitted to Bree Howard, Provost Office.
Reimbursement Deadline: May 31, 2016
- Directions for Reimbursement
- Travel Grant Reimbursement Form
- Example of a completed Travel Grant Reimbursement Form
Contact Bree Howard, Office of the Provost