The Title IX Coordinator can assist with supportive measures to mitigate the impact of sexual sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.
Supportive Measures are non-disciplinary, non-punitive individualized services offered as appropriate, as reasonably available, to an individual impacted by an incident (such as complainants, respondents, and witnesses) that might fall under the CalArs Title IX Policy or the CA Sexual Misconduct Policy. Such measures are designed to restore or preserve equal access to the Institute’s education program or activity without unreasonably burdening the other party, including measures designed to protect the safety of all parties or the Institute’s educational environment.
Supportive measures are available regardless of whether or not the Complainant chooses to report full details (such as the name of the Respondent) to the Institute or file a formal complaint with the Institute.
What can be provided:
- Academic adjustments (changes in section, changes in TA, changes in a class)
- Academic support (more time for an assignment or a test, late withdrawal, etc.)
- Changes to on-campus housing situation (room, dorm)
- Changes in work schedules
- Campus Safety Escort
- No contact directives
- Change of an advisor
- Additional measures can be provided depending on the needs of the person and details of their concern