BFA Program in Design & Production
The BFA Program in Design & Production is comprehensive in scope,
with the expectation that students will explore multiple metier
offerings in the design program, while also having the opportunity to
pursue an individualized course of study following the first two years.
Applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and interests are encouraged
to apply. The portfolio submission should reflect your primary areas of
interest and artistic strength. Areas of design and production include
scenic, costume, lighting, video, sound, experience design/themed entertainment, stage
management and technical direction.
The BFA Design and Production portfolio may include the following as applicable:
- Examples of drawings, paintings, sculpture, photography, or other artwork.
- Examples of graphic and drafting skills.
- Examples of theater design, including models, sketches, costume
designs, light plots, prompt books and photographs of props, scenery and
- Digital Media— that documents your sound designs, including any
accompanying paperwork (cue sheets, equipment lists, drafting, etc.).
- If applicable, include scores, original music compositions and
evidence of computer literacy and indicate if you play a musical
- Examples of work that show your craft skills in scenery
constructions, painting, props, and/or costuming and lighting, including
photographs of realized work, drawings, drafting, samples, patterns,
and artistic ideas.
- Examples of created video work and installations.
- Documentation of fully realized original work as demonstrated by
video, slides, or photographs of designs, and/or documentation of
- Architectural drawing, textile work, performance art, and video work are also welcome.