BFA Program in Experience Design & Production
The BFA Program in Experience Design & Production is comprehensive in scope, with the expectation that students will explore multiple metier offerings in the design program, while also having the opportunity to pursue an individualized course of study following the first two years.
Applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and interests are encouraged to apply. The portfolio submission should reflect your primary areas of interest and artistic strength. Areas of experience design and production include scenic, costume, lighting, video, sound, experience design/themed entertainment, stage management and technical direction.
The BFA Experience Design and Production portfolio may include the following as applicable:
- Examples of drawings, paintings, sculpture, photography, or other artwork.
- Examples of graphic and drafting skills.
- Examples of theater design, including models, sketches, costume designs, light plots, prompt books and photographs of props, scenery and costumes.
- Digital Media— that documents your sound designs, including any accompanying paperwork (cue sheets, equipment lists, drafting, etc.).
- If applicable, include scores, original music compositions and evidence of computer literacy and indicate if you play a musical instrument.
- Examples of work that show your craft skills in scenery constructions, painting, props, and/or costuming and lighting, including photographs of realized work, drawings, drafting, samples, patterns, and artistic ideas.
- Examples of created video work and installations.
- Documentation of fully realized original work as demonstrated by video, slides, or photographs of designs, and/or documentation of works-in-progress.
- Architectural drawing, textile work, performance art, and video work are also welcome.