CAP Photography Programs
Spring 2015 Classes
CAP/Fiat Lux Youth Photography Program
This program provides 12 weeks of instruction during the spring for high school students ages 14 to 19. Students will learn how to use a manual 35mm camera, how to process black and white film, and how to print in the darkroom. Participants engage with CalArts faculty and student instructors in a productive enviornment where technical and conceptual skills expand. Participants' work will be celebrated in public exhibitions at CalArts and other venues.
THIS PROGRAM AND WAITLIST ARE FULL. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY ADDITIONAL WAITLIST APPLICATIONS.
- Dates: Spring Semester Jan. 24 - Apr. 18, 2015 (no class March 28)
- Time: Saturdays, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- CAP Faculty Advisors & Instructors: CalArts School of Arts faculty John Bache and Andrew Freeman, and CAP Instructor Alejandro Sanchez and CAP student instructors.
- Contact: CAP Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Photo Lab, Sublevel at CalArts, 24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355
- Transportation: Bus transportation to the program from Los Angeles is free and available only to registered students. All students must register in advance to board the bus. Students living in Santa Clarita Valley are to provide their own transportation.
- Pick-up Locations:
- 8:30 am @ Ramon C. Cortines HS (450 Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012).
- 9:15 am @ Cleveland HS (8140 Vanalden Ave. Reseda, CA 91335).
- Drop-off Locations:
- 5:30 pm @ Ramon C. Cortines HS (450 Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012).
- 4:45 pm @ Cleveland HS (8140 Vanalden Ave. Reseda, CA 91335).