Sony Pictures Media Arts Program 2022 - 2023
An Assistant Instructor for CAP SPMAP (CalArts Community Arts Partnership Sony Pictures Media Arts Program) assists in providing free animation instruction to young people, ages 11-17, in Los Angeles County. Assistant Instructors are assigned to a specific SPMAP classroom, partnered with one of CAP’s partner sites—either a library or community center in Los Angeles. Assistant Instructors report directly to the Co-Lead Instructors assigned to their site, and to the CAP SPMAP Program Manager. Assistant Instructors serve as positive role models for participants in CAP programs by supporting CAP participants’ artistic development, encouraging participants’ experimentation and risk-taking in their art form, demonstrating engagement with lessons, honoring diversity, and being open to a variety of viewpoints.
This program is broken into 6 locations. Assistant Instructors work at one site. The six CAP SPMAP classes are:
- Watts Towers Art Center Campus: Wednesdays 4-7PM and Saturdays 11AM-2PM. (In person)
- Wilmington Public Library: Saturdays 10AM-3PM. (In person)
- William Reagh Photography Center at Teatro Frida Kahlo: Thursdays 4-7PM and Saturdays 11AM-2PM. (In person)
- Pacoima Public Library: Mondays and Wednesdays, 4-7PM. (In person)
- Center for the Arts Eagle Rock: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-7PM. (Online via Zoom in the Fall semester through Dec., in person in the Spring semester starting in Jan.)
- SPMAP Online: Mondays and Thursdays, 4-7PM. (Online via Zoom.)
Need help applying? Visit The Center For Life and Work to learn best practices for creating and or updating your resume, cover letter, and get interview tips.