Student Travel Grants
Sponsored by the Office of the President and Office of the Provost.
The Student Travel Grant supports travel needed to complete a class project.
CalArts students may request up to $250. Applications for Student Travel Grants will be accepted throughout the 2014-2015 academic year and are awarded on a rolling basis as long as funds are available.
- The student must be enrolled in a CalArts course and requested travel expenses must be applicable to coursework/assignments. This grant is not able to support travel in conjunction with independent or extracurricular projects.
- The student must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at CalArts.
- Travel must not have occurred prior to the submission of an application.
- Students may only receive one travel grant per academic year (July 1 - June 30).
- All receipts for reimbursement must be submitted by May 31, 2015.
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Description of class project, travel to be undertaken, and the need for the grant.
- Letter of support from course instructor.
- Detailed budget.
Awards are disbursed by reimbursement. Grant recipients cannot receive a lump sum in advance; rather, reimbursement will be made upon the submission of a list of expenses that align with the project budget outline and original receipts attached.
Contact Bree Howard, Office of the Provost