1. Ensure your computer is updated and secure.
1. If you are using a personal computer, you’ll need to take extra steps to make sure your work stays secure:
- CalArts IT uses Sophos Enterprise for anti-virus protection.
- Sophos offers an IT-approved (and free) Home Edition here.
2. Enable automatic updates on your computer and web browser to help keep your system secure and up-to-date:
2. Do you need the CalArts VPN? Maybe not.
- Do you only need access to CalArts email, Google Drive, and HubHelper?
- Do you need access to department file shares, Colleague UI, or Synoptix?
- Then VPN is needed.
- Email email@example.com if you don’t already have VPN access.
3. Is your computer ready for video conferencing?
- All CalArts-provided computers come with a webcam, microphone, and speakers.
- Now is a great time to test Zoom!
4. Have you set up your CalArts desk phone with a new outgoing message? Or have you forwarded calls to your home or mobile phone?
Learn to do both by visiting CAIT's Computer & Equipment Articles