Fall 2016 Acting Program Auditions
Prospective students must complete the Online Application form prior to scheduling an audition. All Admissions Requirements must be complete to be considered for admission. Applicants for the Acting Program are required to complete a live audition. It is the responsibility of the applicant to schedule an audition after the online application has been submitted.
An artist statement is very important in the admissions process and should answer the following three questions:
- What issues and concerns inform your artmaking practice?
- Why are you applying to your program at CalArts?
- What are your artistic goals?
- Applicants must present two monologues (no longer than two minutes each) of contrasting nature. Choose one from Shakespeare. Faculty, however, may choose to see only one of the two. It is recommended to prepare a third monologue to present at the faculty’s request.
- Applicants must bring a resume and a recent photograph, preferably a headshot, to the audition.
To schedule your audition: once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email with a link to the audition registration page. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours of submitting your application, please email Amanda Shank, Admissions Counselor for the School of Theater.