General Career Resources
General Career Resource Listings
- Chicago Artists Resource is a Chicaago-specific job and career resource site for art, dance, theater, music, and writing.
- Community Arts Network is a portal to the field of community arts, providing news, documentation, theoretical writing, communications, research and educational information.
Fine and Graphic Arts Resources
- Aquent is a marketing and creative staffing agency.
- The Art Dealers Association of America is a non-profit membership organization of the nation's leading galleries in the fine arts.
- The Art Newspaper’s news and some job and internship listings.
- Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. is a magnet for collaboration between contemporary artists, scientists and technologists.
- Art-Support features
articles about the business of art and photography, tips on selling art, pointers on how to exhibit art, and ideas on how to promote and market artworks.
- Artnet is the place to buy, sell and research fine art online.
- Artslynx’s curated link libraries
and extensive original material are specifically optimized for researchers, scholars, educators, students, and professionals working in the arts.
- Coroflot is a career and community site for creative professionals.
- Digital Art Source is a resource for digital art and culture information.
- Museum of Contemporary Art’s list of art resources.
- NYFA’s site offers access to financial, educational, technological, and institutional resources and information.
- VSA Arts is an international, nonprofit organization founded in 1974 to create a society where all
people with disabilities learn through, participate in and enjoy the arts.
- Workbook provides art directors, graphic designers, corporate art departments and publishers with resources for their creative needs for assignment as
well as industry contact information.
- b-roll.net: television photography job listings.
- Women in Photography International’s online resource center.
- Bay Area Video Coalition job forum.
- British Film Institute
- Gen Art is an arts and entertainment organization dedicated to showcasing emerging fashion designers, filmmakers, musicians and visual artists.
- Mandy.com’s international film and TV production resources.
- The Northwest Film Center provides a variety of film and video exhibition, education and information programs primarily directed to the residents of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska.
- Time Lapse.com’s Film & Television Website Archive.
- Animation World Network
- GameJobs.com: employment site serving the interactive entertainment industry.
- EntertainmentCareers.net’s Animation and Visual FX job board.
- Artistshouse Music
- Bob Baker.com’s self-promotion resources
- The Contemporary Music Centre, Ireland’s opportunities list.
- Music Business Solutions: resource directory and career articles.
- SpinMe.com: articles on promotion, marketing, and songwriting.
- TAXI: independent A&R company with resources and industry lisings.
- American Dance Guild’s interactive site.
- Artslynx International Dance Resource: dance links, ballet links, and other resources organized into accessible link libraries.
- Culture Kiosk, The European Magazine of Arts, Culture and Ideas—dance page.
- CyberDance is an extensive internet dance database containing thousands of links to classical ballet and modern dance resources on the Internet.
- DanceArt.com’s job listing message boards.
- Dance Europe Magazine’s jobs and auditions listings.
- Dancer.com’s resource links hosted by Gaynor Minden.
- NewYorkCity.com’s links to the major dance venues.
- Southern California Dance Directory
- Southern California Dance Directory list of dance links.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s list of dance journals, dance research resources.
- BackstageJobs.com and TheContactSheets.com, listings for behind-the-scenes jobs in live entertainment.
- Playbill.com: A thorough listing of major theater news and events across the nation.
- The Hollywood Reporter: Search for jobs in TV, music, radio, acting, theater and many more.
- American Theatre Wing: Created in partnership with the Lincoln Center Library, this vast site consists of printed and video interviews with theatre professional in
over 30 different aspects of the art form. Many helpful theater articles and related website links are provided.
- Theatre Development Fund: Contains the latest Broadway theatre news and offers discount tickets.
- American Association of Community Theatre: The American Association of Community Theatre (AACT) is the national voice of community theatre, representing the interests of community theatres across the U.S. and with the armed forces overseas and the individuals who support them.
- Actors Equity Association: The homepage of the major union representing professional actors and stage managers, this site contains a vast amount of information on rules and guidelines governing professional actors and stage managers.
- New Dramatists: New Dramatists is a unique resource for the American Theatre. The company is dedicated to the playwright and serves as an artistic home theatre
research and development center, and writers colony for the national theatre just a few steps from Broadway. The company finds and nurtures new talent through a competitive membership selection process and a seven-year playwright development program.
- Working Actor's Guide to Los Angeles: This website is the online version of the 14th edition of The Working Actor's Guide to Los Angeles, a resource for performers and other
entertainment industry professionals. Listings cover everything from casting and talent agencies, training programs, and necessary services for actors and other professional, to services, essentials, and entertainment related to living in Los Angeles.
- Actor's Fund: The Actor's Fund is a nonprofit, national human services organization that helps entertainment and performing arts professionals in theater, film, music, opera, television and dance through a broad spectrum of social, health, employment, and housing programs that address their essential and critical needs.
- Theatre Communications Group: The national organization for the American theatre with over 440 member theatres offers a wide array of services.
Critical Studies/Writing Resources
- Sunoasis job board.
- The Write Jobs: specialty job board and career resource for journalism, media, publishing and writing professionals.
- Writer’s Weekly: freelance writing e-zine.
- Aerotek: technical and professional staffing agency (including design opportunities).
- Aquent is a marketing and creative staffing agency.
- FILTER: temporary and full-time placements for the creative industry.
- Friedman Agency: entertainment and multi-media staffing specialists.
- SAGE: Staffing temporary, temp-to-hire, and permanent services in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Ongoing Internship Opportunities (be sure to check the Internship Bank for more listings!)
- Farm Sanctuary's New York and California shelters volunteer internship programs.
- Feminist Majority Foundation offers internships throughout the year in our Washington, DC and Los Angeles offices.
- The Fund for American Studies sponsors Institutes held in Washington, DC in partnership with Georgetown University.
- GLAAD internships are invaluable opportunities to gain non-profit and LGBT advocacy experience in media advocacy and development work.
- InternAbroad’s international internship opportunities.
- Interns For Peace was established in 1976 in Israel with the purpose of training community development peace workers.
- The Kitchen's internship program is loosely structured to coordinate applicants' interests, backgrounds and schedules with the needs of our organization.
- Presidential Classroom interns gain valuable work experience in an environment that places them in direct contact with students.
- Student Conservation Association wilderness conservation internships.