Campus Safety Department
On the CalArts campus, the Campus Safety Department assists and educates community members on how to take measures to ensure their personal safety. In addition, the Institute employs a full-time Risk Management Administrator whose responsibility is to assist in the safety of the CalArts campus and its community.
Campus Safety provides a full range of services to the CalArts community 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round. The department is located in room E100 in the main academic building.
CalArts students, faculty and staff should report potential criminal actions and other emergencies on campus by calling:
- Internal/main switchboard: 661-255-1050, extensions 2113, 2114 and 2222.
- Direct line: 661-222-2702.
Note: If the County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department at 661-255-1121 is called, please make CalArts Campus Safety aware of the situation.
- is the first responder to emergencies of any kind;
- protects the persons and property of students, faculty, staff and visitors to CalArts;
- patrols by automobile, electric cart and on foot;
- provides basic first aid until the arrival of paramedics;
- monitors fire and door alarms;
- enforces traffic and parking regulations;
- takes reports of crimes and incidents;
- provides incident reports to the CalArts Administration and other persons, as applicable;
- assists law enforcement and other emergency service providers, as needed; and
- provides around-the-clock escort service on campus upon request.