Transcript Requirements, Transfer Credit, and Credit by Examination
If you decide to join us at CalArts, you will be required to submit final, official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Transcripts must show degree conferral and graduation date. Please submit using one of the secure methods stated below. This is mandatory to study at CalArts and is also an important part of evaluating any transferable credit that might apply to a BFA degree.
You can check the status of your official transcripts and determine any missing requirements by logging into your application status page.
- All Incoming Students: Submit final transcripts and any official scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Transfer Students: Submit updated transcripts to the Office of Admissions showing latest transferable coursework completed.
- International Students: Submit official evaluated transcripts using a professional credential evaluation service to the Office of Admissions. Click here to read more about this process and to find out which professional credential evaluation services from which CalArts will accept evaluated transcripts.
- Home School Students: For students attending Home School programs that do not result in a state-recognized High School Diploma, equivalence may be established by completing the General Education Development (GED) examination or a comparable regional test such as the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE). Home School students may send official interim Home School transcripts during the admissions process but must arrange for final transcripts to be sent upon graduation.
- AP Scores, IB Scores, O Levels, and other credit by examination: Click here for more guidance on transferrable credits towards a BFA degree.