The mission of the Financial Aid Office at CalArts is to help students in meeting their costs of attendance at the Institute. CalArts is committed to offering a variety of financial assistance to its students, including grants, scholarships, student loans, and work-study.
Financial Aid Application Information for:
Financial aid is awarded beginning April 1; students will receive an email notification with instructions to view financial aid awards online. Financial aid awards must be accepted or rejected online through the "Accept or reject my financial aid awards" link before financial aid can be processed.
Satisfactory Artistic/Academic Progress: Students must maintain satisfactory artistic/academic progress in order to be eligible for financial aid. Review this policy as well as the Academic Warning, Probation, Dismissal and Appeal policy in the “Course Catalog and Academic Policies” publication.
Most domestic students receive financial aid from a variety of sources, which may include federal, state, private, and institutional funds:
- Federal Grants - Pell Grants , Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- California state grant - Cal Grants
- CalArts Scholarships
- Private Scholarships, offered by various outside organizations
- Federal Loans, including Perkins Loans, Stafford Loans and Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) and Grad PLUS Loans.
- CalArts Loans
- Federal Work-Study
- CalArts Work-Study
- Graduate Assistantships, Resident Hall Assistantships, and Campus Employment
- Private Loans
A comprehensive guide to financial aid awards, eligibility, and student rights and responsibilities.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (Closed Fridays in the summer)
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - 661.253.7869 or 800.443.0480
Fax - 661.287.3816
CalArts Financial Aid Office
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355