Information & Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Manager–REDCAT reports to the Deputy Executive Director & Curator of REDCAT. REDCAT (Roy and Edna Disney CalArts Theater) is a multidisciplinary center for innovative visual, performing and media arts founded by CalArts in the Walt Disney concert Hall complex in downtown Los Angeles. The position manages the financial processes and revenue-generating areas of REDCAT, operating with a substantial degree of discretion and confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead and manage internal financial systems, controls, and reporting procedures consistent with sound accounting principles and CalArts policy.
- Collaborate with REDCAT senior leadership and CalArts Finance to develop the annual budget and traffic budget changes and updates; prepare all year-end budget changes and revenue transfers, as needed.
- Oversee financial and personnel operation of the REDCAT Lounge, including sales, menu, catering, staffing, and invoicing.
- Manage cash and cash-related receipts, REDCAT banking and credit card functions, including monthly reconciliations.
- Review/approve, process, track and reconcile all financial transactions, including but not limited to journal entries and budget changes, check requests, invoices and invoicing, online sales, artist and consultant contracts, petty cash disbursements, recharges, chargebacks and purchase orders.
- Monitor expenses and revenues and prepare financial reports as needed or requested
- Coordinate with Human Resources to process new hires.
- Demonstrated experience with financial management
- Knowledge of generally-accepted accounting practices (GAAP)
- Competence in spreadsheet, database, word-processing and financial/accounting software systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work collegially and collaboratively.
- Ability and flexibility to perform day-to-day detailed work and function effectively at a management level.
- Experience with non-profit or arts sector preferred.
- Familiarity with web-based retail point-of-sale (POS) software systems and operations.
- Basic understanding of personnel laws, policies and practices.
- Basic knowledge of state and local laws and regulations applicable to the sale of food and alcoholic beverages desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management required.
- At least five years working in higher education or the nonprofit sector at a professional or management level; experience in an arts organization preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in hands-on accounting, budgeting, finance and/or bookkeeping.
- Experience working effectively with support, technical, professional and management levels of an organization.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the Interfolio link to apply:
Senior Financial Manager - REDCAT (ID: 98132)
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.