Information & Responsibilities
This position assists the Director of Project Development on daily administrative duties and special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Include but are not limited to)
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with students, staff and faculty, and the CalArts community at large with efficiency and professionalism.
- Respond to inquiries regarding Extended Studies course and program offerings.
- Assist parents and students with Student Information System (Destiny One) issues relating to log in, applications and enrollment.
- Interface with Accounting to coordinate staff assisted payments.
- Generate and submit check requests, travel expense reports, work orders and credit card statements.
- Code and submit invoices to the Office of Accounting.
- Administrator for Learning Management System (Canvas) Extended Studies sub-account.
- Prepare and send email marketing campaigns (using MailChimp)
- Oversee Extended Studies social media calendar and posting by student workers.
- Provide assistance and oversight on various operations and special projects.
- Assist in coordinating and completing activities related to projects within
- Extended Studies, including but not limited to conducting research, and procuring items.
- Interface with HR for hiring and onboarding of Extended Studies temporary and student positions.
- Gather and input data when needed.
- Organize and maintain filing system.
- Order office supplies
- Collect and distribute mail.
- Arrange appointments and reserve meeting rooms.
- Photocopy and distribution of materials.
- Occasionally drive Institute vehicles to transport students and guests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Positive attitude and ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong typing and word processing skills, including proficiency in Microsoft
- Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Adobe.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- HR and Livescan background check required.'
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years college course in business, accounting or related field and/or 3 years administrative assistant/accounting related experience
- Minimum three years administrative assistant or related experience.
- Project coordination or project management experiences a plus.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus.
- Some customer service, production, events planning, and/or marketing (Mailchimp and social media) experience preferred.
How to Apply
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the Interfolio link to apply:
Senior Administrative Assistant - ID: 101632
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.