Information & Responsibilities
The Reporting Specialist and System Analyst (RSSA) is a generalist position responsible for managing the reporting solutions and also assisting with support of other enterprise systems at the Institute. As with the entire CAIT team, the RSSA is a customer-facing position and is responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience. This position is fully-remote.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications the RSSA is an additional point of contact for requests from the CalArts community regarding our core academic and business platforms and takes ownership of requests from receipt to resolution. Examples of CalArts’ primary platforms include Ellucian Colleague, G-Suite, Tableau and others.
This position is often tasked with assisting with researching and implementing pilot platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist IT staff in reviewing business processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Assist in providing some technical support for administrative applications, specifically Colleague
- Support in the identification, evaluation, selection, support and maintenance of Colleague modules and other administrative systems as assigned.
- Provide systems analysis and problem-solving support to provide efficient and effective use of Colleague student information system in support of the department’s strategic s goals and objectives.
- Work with others on IT projects that integrate with Colleague
- Provide documentation on Colleague; new processes and others
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Design, develop, conducts unit testing, and maintains complex Tableau reports for scalability, manageability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Provide technical expertise in areas of architecture, design, and implementation.
- Work with team members to create useful reports and dashboards that provide insight, improve/automate processes, or otherwise add value to the team.
- Work through iterative review cycles to deliver results that meet or exceed user expectations.
- Ensure consistency by adhering to a set of software coding and style guides.
- Resolve support tickets related to Tableau reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a complex environment
- Strong empathetic approach to customer service
- Ability to analyze existing systems and processes to identify areas of opportunity
- Outstanding oral and written communications
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- A willingness to travel to remote sites for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, years of experience may substitute for degree
- Experience with higher education ERP systems such as Ellucian Colleague preferred
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio preferred
- Experience with SQL Server Administration preferred
- Experience with the following platforms desired: Ellucian products, Google G-Suite, Active Directory, Tableau products
- Experience in a high-touch customer service role desired
- Experience Integrating 3rd Party and RESTful APIs desired
- A general understanding of the departmental operations and administrative software usage and knowledge of computer systems and software, including database and project management systems.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge in the areas of student information systems including but not limited to; registrar, admissions, recruiting, academic history, graduation and others strongly.
- Needs to have strong problem-solving skills, proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate project status and help in departmental projects.
- Show ability to populate and test rule and validation tables
- Ability to work with developed testing plans, and manage the work of departmental resources
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- Strong written, oral and organizational skills
- Proven experience in developing and working Tableau driven dashboards, analytics.
- Ability to query and display large data sets while maximizing the performance of workbook.
- Ability to interpret technical or dashboard structure and translate complex business requirements to technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of Tableau administrator/architecture.
- Advanced Tableau development skills required.
- High-level competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Understanding of advanced calculations and statistical functions
- A solid understanding of SQL, relational database management system, data modeling, and normalization
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the Interfolio link to apply:
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.