Information & Responsibilities
California Institute of the Arts is seeking a Lead Designer/Front End Web Developer to join our Communications team. We are seeking someone with a forward-looking sensibility who can work with the design, development and content staff to produce material that can be adapted across various digital media platforms. An interest in and experience with email design, information architecture and the ability to enable and enhance user experience are essential. The position will require someone with a knowledge of front-end web development and design and a strong appreciation for the technical aspects of digital work, as well as the ability to multitask and handle several deadlines at once.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Develop mail marketing/template designs.
· Assisting in the development of email protocols and streamlined processes throughout the Institute’s schools and departments.
· Maintaining current websites by working with content producers to ensure accurate information and well-designed layout for schools and departments.
· Building informational and team sites on the CalArts intranet.
· Resizing and optimizing graphics and video.
· Work with other team members to deliver integrated digital and web solutions across multiple platforms.
· Assist, as needed, with the design of new websites.
· Research and stay current on effective UI/UX trends.
· Maintain an awareness of contemporary digital graphic design.
· Other duties as assigned on an as-needed basis.
· Experience designing/building websites from concept to launch.
· Attention to detail needed to execute visual design well on the web.
· Strong working knowledge of responsive web and email design and cross-platform compatible coding techniques and troubleshooting.
· Familiar with and comfortable building for Content Management Systems, specifically DNN, Drupal, and WordPress.
· Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (many design files will come to you as either a PSD or InDesign file).
· Believer in best practices and always aiming for clean, efficient code.
· Experience developing/working with information architecture.
· Creativity in problem solving.
· Ability to work in a team and to communicate clearly.
· Enthusiastic creative thinker, with a desire to learn new skills.
· Collaborate with other campus technical staff and developers as needed.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications.
· Critical thinking skills required.
· Interest or experience with motion graphics is a plus.
· Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• At least two (2) years related, professional experience;
• Bachelor’s degree desired
How to Apply
Please follow the link to apply.
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.