Information & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President for Institute Technology and Chief Technology Officer (VP-IT/CTO), the Director of Customer Engagement is responsible for direct information technology support across the Institute, the management of the Customer Care team, and the strategic, long-term planning for Customer Engagement and support for the entire Institute. This position directs, supervises, and coordinates the activities of the Customer Care Team. The Director also handles operational management of customer-facing services, such as video conferencing solutions and our ticketing system. Finally, partnering with faculty, staff, students, the Director of Customer Engagement ensures a successful IT experience while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. This is both on a short and long-term basis. The Director is part of the Information Technology leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Leads and mentors the IT Customer Care Team, comprised of three staff.
• Defines and ensures IT service level agreements are maintained and met vis-à-vis the needs of the Institute.
• Addresses breaches in Service Level Agreements through leadership of Customer Care Team through continual process improvement.
• Manages our ticketing system (currently Zendesk), creating, updating, prioritizing, assigning, and tracking customer problems; identifies patterns in requests to address larger problems.
• Provides data and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and trends in the IT department, both through independent tracking and through reporting via our ticketing system.
• Ensures a high customer satisfaction rate by taking and/or managing ownership of customer relationships through all channels of communication.
• Oversees and performs general maintenance tasks, customer account management, troubleshooting and repair of computer systems and applications, and peripheral equipment maintenance throughout supported areas of the Institute.
• Keep up-to-date on endpoint security threats and assist in Operating System and Application patching.
• Follows and maintains Customer Care and Network Operations standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains/coordinates maintenance of a Knowledge Base to promote customer self-support.
• Oversees maintenance of IT-controlled computer labs.
• Complete ongoing training to stay alongside product, service, and policy changes.
• Maintains/manages maintenance of a hardware and software inventory of IT supported assets.
• Update, maintain, and expand the IT web site and social media sites.
• Proactively research new technology initiatives.
• Manages relevant vendor relationships.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with internal and external clients
• Proven track record managing and leading a customer service team
• Expert level knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
• Expert level knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a customer service environment.
• Minimum 7 years’ total experience in a technical environment.
• Experience with social media and communications (such as forming and sending email announcements to large audiences).
• Experience with a ticket and asset tracking system; ITSM knowledge/experience a plus.
• Experience managing video conferencing services (e.g. Zoom) and cloud productivity suites (e.g. Google Workspace)
• Experience with computer troubleshooting and repair.
• Experience with mobile device support.
How to Apply
Please follow the link to apply.
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.