Information & Responsibilities
This is a Tier 1 support position and information technology generalist who directly supports our user-base. This position is responsible for handling daily traffic of incoming technology problems and questions via telephone, e-mail, ticket system, and face-to-face interaction. The Customer Care Technician is a frontline position that utilizes his or her intimate knowledge of computing systems to identify problems and draw valid conclusion through logical reasoning.
This position is available immediately.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Provides technical support while delivering exceptional customer service.
● Creates, updates, prioritizes, and tracks customer problems using a ticket system.
● Resolves problems in person, telephone, email, or through a remote support session.
● Resolve less complex problems immediately and escalate more complex problems to the lead customer care technician or supervisor.
● Perform general maintenance tasks, customer account management, troubleshoot and repair of computer systems and applications, and peripheral equipment maintenance throughout the Institute.
● Keep up-to-date on security threats and assist in Operating System and Application patching.
● Utilize online resources/tools to supplement the troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
● Follows and maintains Customer Care, Network Operations, and Application Development standards, policies, and procedures.
● Interacts with Network Operations and Application Development teams to maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
● Maintains internal and external Knowledge Bases to promote internal and customer self-support.
● Keeps abreast of the health and stability of all Information Technology services and issues timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
● Ensures IT controlled computer labs are well maintained.
● Maintains positive relationships with vendors.
● Receive and order materials as requested.
● Complete ongoing training to stay alongside product, service and policy changes.
● Collaborates with entire information technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
● Assists in special projects beyond the normal scope of daily duties.
● Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with staff, faculty, students, and the CalArts community at large.
● Maintains hardware and software inventories.
● In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as requested by their superiors.
● Expert level knowledge of Windows.
● Expert level knowledge of Mac OS X.
● Expert level knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
● A willingness to travel to remote sites for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with internal and external clients.
● Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Outstanding oral and written communications.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
● Associate's Degree and a minimum of 1-year experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Minimum 1-year experience in an IT customer care role.
● Experience with social media.
● Experience with computer repair.
● Experience with mobile devices.
● Experience with SaaS (such as Google Apps).
● Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
● Experience with network equipment such as Switches, Wireless Access Points, Ethernet cables, Wired and Wireless Network Interface Cards.
● Experience with core network services such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
How to Apply
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Customer Care Technician in order to be considered.
Equity & Diversity
CalArts is proud of its diverse student body and deeply committed to supporting the cultural and artistic aspirations of all its students. A
commitment to increasing opportunities for low-income students and currently disenfranchised groups is necessary, as is the desire to work
to support institutional goals of equity and diversity in an ongoing way. CalArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). In our efforts to reach a diverse application pool, please follow the link to fill out an optional survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Eq_Div
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts
through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and
Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the
complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a
distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor
and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure
necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and
opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United
States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees
in all areas of visual and performing arts.