Information & Responsibilities
The Customer Care Technician is a high-impact generalist position responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience to the CalArts community through a broad technology portfolio. This is a customer-facing, front-line position responsible for handling daily traffic of incoming questions and problems via a ticket system, phone, email, and face-to-face interactions.
Under the direction of the Customer Engagement Manager, the Customer Care Technician is a highly-visible representative of the CalArts IT team. This position is well suited to a candidate passionate about technology, who enjoys engaging with his/her/their community, and loves translating nerd to english and back again.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Provides technical support while delivering exceptional customer service.
● Creates, updates, prioritizes, and tracks customer problems using a ticket system.
● Resolves problems in person, telephone, email, or through a remote support session.
● Resolves less complex problems immediately and escalate more complex problems to the lead customer care technician or supervisor.
● Performs general maintenance tasks, customer account management, troubleshoot and repair of computer systems and applications, and peripheral equipment maintenance throughout the Institute.
● Keeps up-to-date on security threats and assist in Operating System and Application patching.
● Utilizes online resources/tools to supplement the troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
● Follows and maintains Customer Care, Network Operations, and Application Development standards, policies, and procedures.
● Partners with Network Operations and Application Development teams to maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
● Maintains internal and external Knowledge Bases to promote internal and customer self-support.
● Keeps abreast of the health and stability of all Information Technology services and issues timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
● Ensures IT maintained computer labs are in proper working order.
● Maintains positive relationships with vendors.
● Orders and receives materials as requested.
● Completes ongoing training to stay alongside product, service and policy changes.
● Assists in special projects beyond the normal scope of daily duties.
● Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with staff, faculty, students, and the CalArts community at large.
● Maintains hardware and software inventories.
● In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as requested by their superiors.
● Extensive knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems.
● Extensive level knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite.
● Ability to explain complex technology in a friendly and approachable manner.
● Willingness to travel to remote sites for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with internal and external clients.
● Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Outstanding oral and written communications.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
● Experience in an IT customer service role preferred.
● Experience in a higher education environment a plus.
● Experience with social media desired.
● Experience with computer repair required.
● Experience with mobile devices preferred.
● Experience with SaaS (such as G-Suite) strongly preferred.
● Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications desired.
● Experience with Mobile Device Management a plus.
● Familiarity with network equipment such as Switches, Wireless Access Points, Ethernet cables, Wired and Wireless Network Interface Cards a plus.
● Familiarity with core network services such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP a plus.
● Associate's Degree and a minimum of 1-year experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Customer Care Technician in order to be considered. In person skills test required during interview process.
Equity & Diversity
CalArts is proud of its diverse student body and deeply committed to supporting the cultural and artistic aspirations of all its students. A
commitment to increasing opportunities for low-income students and currently disenfranchised groups is necessary, as is the desire to work
to support institutional goals of equity and diversity in an ongoing way. CalArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts
through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and
Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the
complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a
distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor
and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure
necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and
opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United
States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees
in all areas of visual and performing arts.