Information & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director, Campus Maintenance, this position performs the installation, repair and maintenance of electrically powered systems, equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations. This is a day shift positon working from 8:00am through 4:30pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on motors, transformers, generators, lights, panels, wiring, circuits and appliances.
• Maintain, troubleshoot electrical systems, low and high voltage and associated equipment to meet operation needs.
• Report daily to the Building Maintenance Supervisor on the status of all work assigned.
• Study plans, drawings, specifications, to determine work requirement and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
• Make recommendations for repairs or replacement of electrical equipment.
• Climb stairs and ladders, work on scaffolding and work at heights and in confined spaces, when necessary.
• Available for call-in emergencies and accept any assignment within Facilities as needed. Some weekend work required to accommodate special event or project needs.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to interpret schematic drawings, charts and technical instructions.
• Ability to climb ladders: work on scaffolding.
• Able to work at various heights and in confined spaces
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to move heavy items and to push carts either manually or using special equipment.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to maintain current CA state electrician certification.
• Willing and able to be test fit for respirator apparatus.
• Upon offer of employment, must submit to a background check and take and pass a physical examination.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Completion of 4 year apprenticeship program.
• Must be CA State Certified.
• Experience in industrial and commercial electrical environments.
• Good working knowledge of the Uniform Building Code, the National Electrical Code and OSHA safety regulations.
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations.
• Must have a valid California driver license. Employment is subject to driving record meeting the standards of the CalArts insurance carrier.
• Minimum 5 years documented journeyman experience.
How to Apply
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the link to apply.
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.