Information & Responsibilities
This position provides strategic, visionary leadership by developing, executing and measuring a
comprehensive recruitment strategy for our visitor’s experience and all recruitment events, which includes management of the campus tour schedule; training, evaluation, mentorship, and supervision of the student ambassadors; coordination of on campus, off campus, and virtual recruitment events. Works in conjunction with the Executive Director of Admissions in determining the goals, objectives, and activities of all recruiting events. Serves as the key liaison for the visitor experience and admissions events with all academic and administrative offices to assist in our recruitment of students. Works closely with the Admissions team on developing new and innovative strategies to improve the visitation and event experience, and measure return on investment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Assist in the coordination of campus outreach, recruitment and yield events for high schools, community colleges and community organizations to support recruitment strategic goals.
- Register for external recruitment events on behalf of CalArts.
- Manage the application/invitation, registration/confirmation, survey/post event processes for all events.
- Reserve facilities and coordinate appropriate set‐up and logistical processes; order refreshments as appropriate; prepare agendas and all other documents/presentations; secure presenters as appropriate and obtain parking permits; provide directions; etc.
- In collaboration with the Admissions team, coordinate and execute on-campus/virtual VIP visits for high schools and community colleges to meet strategic goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of on and off campus events, including Accepted Student Events, high school visits, college fairs, Counselor events, Professional Development workshops and various meetings.
- Maintain a master tracker calendar of recruitment activities, events, and presentations
- Conduct follow‐up visits and plan and implement yield activities in the Spring as necessary to meet strategic goals.
- Coordinate info sessions and, including scheduling coverage, booking rooms, submitting work orders, coordinating staff, and building events in Slate and Zoom.
- Coordinate with Admissions staff regarding event attendance, form questions, and preparing and shipping materials to off-campus events.
- Facilitate events in Slate and/or in exterior event platforms.
Visitor Experience Coordination
- Assist in the development and implementation of a year-round schedule of campus visit programs for the general public, different student populations, and specific targeted populations.
- Manage the campus visits and tours program by scheduling family and group tours, assign student ambassadors, conduct pre and post tour information sessions.
- Provides recommendations in the development of promotional materials and publications used in promoting campus visit programs and general student recruitment.
- Coordinates the effective flow of all activities, ensuring punctual presentation times and tour departures, consistent multimedia operation and appropriate guidance for guests at all times.
- Coordinates special group tours and arranges special programming as needed; serves as a first point of contact for all interest groups and events, and coordinates details efficiently.
- Provides campus tours to student groups, prospective visitors and Institute special guests as needed
- Maintains and updates VIP/Notable prospective and applicant list
- Develop continuous quantitative and qualitative assessment of the visitor program and provide reports and recommendations related to campus visits.
- Provide the Executive Director of Admissions with quarterly and annual summary reports of the number of campus visits and tours conducted by type of tours (group, family, etc.), number of participants, as well as requests that were declined.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with departments that support and enhance campus tours including: Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Experience, Housing, Campus Safety, and Schools/programs.
- Coordinate with the Director of Enrollment Management Communications in updating the campus tours website, social media and other communication vehicles as directed.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection process, training, performance evaluation, and overall leadership of student ambassadors who will act as campus tour guides, office assistants, panelists and CalArts representatives at various enrollment management activities and events (on campus, off campus, virtual).
- Create the Student Ambassador training manual.
- Create, maintain, and improve all content and communications related to campus tours. This includes: script and talking points for student ambassadors, self guided tour publications, virtual tours, website information confirmation emails, and follow‐up communication after tours.
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing and be able to speak publicly.
- Must be able to work long hours and nights and weekends as needed
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse community of internal and external constituencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and implement complex strategic recruitment plans
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and see projects through to a timely completion.
- Skilled in identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing relevant information.
- Ability to work responsibly, independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant and progressive experience; higher education preferred.
- Experience with Technolutions Slate or other CRM preferred.
- Experience in MS Office and Google suites preferred.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the link to Interfolio below:
Associate Director of Recruitment and Visitor Experience
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.