Information & Responsibilities
The Admissions Administrative Assistant serves as the administrative supervisor of daily activities supporting the operational/student service needs of the Office of Admissions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Maintain daily ongoing general operations office support, including shared responsibility for reception desk coverage and phone and email support.
- Assists in supervision of the reception area including walk-ins, phone calls, maintenance of general office appearance, etc.
- Manage daily inquiries (over the phone, email, chat, and in-person) and refer to appropriate constituents on campus for accurate information.
- Organize office supply orders on a regular basis. Maintain inventory of all marketing and promotional materials.
- Provide administrative support for special projects and on/off-campus events (such as, Portfolio Days, Auditions, Interview Days, Accepted Student Events and Open Houses).
- Assist with event support, including submitting work orders, creating signage, shipping materials, coordinating student workers, online Zoom webinar support.
- Ensure all admissions/recruitment events and activities are consistently maintained across all platforms (Slate, Zoom, Google Calendar, Tracking Spreadsheets, etc.).
- Coordinate day-to-day management of student ambassadors who will act as campus tour guides, office assistants, panelists and CalArts representatives at various enrollment management activities and events (on campus, off campus, virtual). This includes scheduling work hours and completing timesheets.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the Student Ambassador training manual.
- Assist in the evaluation of student ambassador performance.
- As needed, represent the Institute at on-campus information sessions and give tours of the Institute for groups and individuals; represent CalArts at some evening and weekend events.
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, and time management abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with varied internal and external constituencies demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential materials.
- An optimistic attitude; friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work responsibly, independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and see projects through to timely and accurate completion with little supervision.
- Ability to learn, adapt to and use new computer systems and technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend recruitment events as needed.
- Ability to memorize campus tour script (approximately one hour) and lead a tour throughout the institute.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 - 3 years administrative and/or office management experience; higher education setting a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience in MS Office and Google suites preferred.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the link to Interfolio below:
Admissions Administrative Assistant