Information & Responsibilities
The Office of Global Initiatives and Extended Studies at CalArts offers credit- and non-credit bearing options for creative exploration in the arts, on the ground and online, and on and off-campus. Our offerings are developed with the same artistic flavor and integrity of the curricular courses at CalArts. Their mission is to expand CalArts’ pedagogical reach and visibility by developing high-quality educational programming to serve a diverse, global community of lifelong learners. This full-time (37.5 hours per week) position assists the Director of Project Development on daily administrative duties and special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist in coordinating and completing activities related to projects within the office of Global Initiatives and Extended Studies.
• Conduct research related to projects.
• Assist in tracking the project budgets under the direction of the project manager.
• Responds to inquiries regarding programs offered.
• Assist parents and students with Destiny One issues relating to log in, application and enrollment.
• Gather and input data when needed.
• Organize and maintain filing system.
• Arrange appointments and reserve meeting rooms.
• Procure items needed for projects.
• Order office supplies.
• Collect and distribute mail.
• Occasionally drive and pick up guests.
• Generate and submit check requests, travel expense reports, work orders and credit card statements.
• Code and submit invoices to the office of Accounting.
• Photocopy and distribution of materials
• Strong typing and word processing skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Detail oriented, accurate and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to interact with students, parents, faculty and staff.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Associates Degree or relevant work experience required.
• Minimum three years administrative assistant or related experience.
• Project coordination or project management experiences a plus.
• Some production, events planning, or marketing experience preferred.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: OGI Administrative Assistant in order to be considered.
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks to employ faculty who can engage our diverse communities of learners at the highest levels of artistic endeavor and critical thinking. Across the range of practitioners from artists to scholars and librarians, we welcome candidates who possess a demonstrated worldview and cultural competency to support teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities and gender expressions. CalArts is an equal opportunity employer.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts
through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and
Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the
complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a
distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor
and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure
necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and
opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United
States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees
in all areas of visual and performing arts.