The Center for Life and Work Student Travel Fellowship Program application should be completed clearly and concisely. All materials relevant to the proposals, in conjunction with the relevant forms, should be submitted electronically to the Director of the Patty Disney Center for Life and Work, Bailey Cool (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by the following dates:
For Winter Break / Winter Session Travel: Monday, December 2, at 5 pm
For Spring Break Travel: Monday, January 27, at 5 pm
For Summer Break Travel: Monday, April 6, at 5 pm
NO APPLICATIONS will be accepted beyond 5 pm on the above Monday due dates.
The Center for Life and Work Student Travel Fellowship Program application entails the following actions:
- Complete the General Information Form.
- Submit a narrative of the project—up to 1,500 words—that provides sufficient detail about the scope of the project to enable the Student Travel Program Awards Committee to understand and evaluate it. Be sure to include:
- a brief overview of the project that may be used on the The Center for Life and Work website or any other communications vehicles in the future;
- a statement of goals;
- details about the means by which your goals will be achieved;
- an overview of how this project contributes to your academic/professional development;
- the criteria you will use to judge the success of your project;
- the mechanisms you will use to share your work with the CalArts community (note that existing structures at CalArts, such as thesis exhibitions, are not sufficient).
- Submit a proposed project work plan and timetable.
- Complete a Budget Overview Form.
- Submit a detailed budget breakdown providing specific details for each relevant category of the Budget Overview Form including quotes, if applicable.
- Submit a resume or CV (not to exceed two pages for each applicant; a resume or CV is needed for all applicants on a collaborative team). *Contact Life & Work Advisor, Natasha Jones, for consultation about resumes and CVs at email@example.com.
Please note: you can submit up to five (5) pages or equivalent of supplementary material. Also, please note that the committee reserves the right to decline/reject a proposal that is incomplete in any way, or that is replete with grammatical errors.
Applications should be submitted ELECTRONICALLY as PDF documents, along with ALL supplementary material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have your application reviewed by a member of the Student Travel Fellowship Program Awards Committee, set up a time to meet with Bailey Cool (email@example.com) at least 5 business days before the due date.