Safer at Home Order for COVID-19 (Revised April 10, 2020)
Essential Businesses are directed to continue to maximize the number of employees who work from home. Essential Businesses must follow industry-specific guidance issued by the Health Officer. This protocol must be posted at or near the entrance of the building, easily viewable by employees. A copy of the Social Distancing Protocol must be provided to each employee performing work at California Institute of the Arts.
CalArts will do the following:
- Limit the number of people who may enter into the facility at any one time to ensure that people can easily maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from others, except as required to complete an essential business activity.
- Provide hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectant at or near the entrance of the building and throughout the building for use by employees.
- Post a sign in a conspicuous place at the entrance of the building that instructs people not to enter if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough, and to maintain social distancing from one another.
- Provide regular disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
- Provide cloth face coverings to employees and contracted workers whose duties require close contact (within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more) with other employees.
- Require that all members of the public who enter the facility wear a face covering during their time in the facility.
- Adhere to communicable disease control recommendations provided by the LA County Department of Public Health, including guidance for cleaning and disinfecting.
View the L.A. County Department of Public Health Order