The following message was distributed to the CalArts Students Residents from the CalArts Office of Residence Life:
Please carefully read over the points below and contact the Residence Life office if you have questions or concerns.
- There are no known cases affecting our campus community at this time.
- Custodial staff will provide their routine cleaning of common spaces with added cleaning recommendations provided by the Center of Disease Contact (CDC).
- For yourself and your personal space in the residence hall consider these steps to prevent illness provided by the Center of Disease Contact (CDC).
- Staying or Traveling Off Campus:
- Wednesday, March 11th - Sunday, March 22nd: All areas of campus are closed to students. However, if you live in the residence halls the cafe/tatum, mailroom, campus safety and residence life office are open to you. All in-person classes, activities, and performances are suspended.
- Monday, March 23rd - Sunday, March 29th: Online based forms of instruction will be utilized.
- Monday, March 30th - Sunday, April 5th: Spring Break will be observed as usual with no classes, activities or performances held.
- Monday, April 6th - Sunday, April 12th: Online based forms of instruction will be utilized.
- Monday, April 13th - Anticipate date for returning to face-to-face classes, however, the institute will email updates as the situation evolves.
- Campus Resources
- Residence Life Office: Open normal hours until further notice.
- Residence Assistants: If you are needing assistance from your RA and they are unavailable please contact the Residence Life Office or Campus Safety.
- Cafe & Tatum: Open normal hours until further notice.
- Campus Safety: Open normal hours until further notice.
- Mailroom: Open normal hours until further notice.
- Student Health Center: Will remain open to students who live on campus for CalArts services only. For questions, please call Sandra at 661-253-7830. For Samuel Dixon (sexual health appointments), we encourage students to call their Canyon Country office to schedule their free appointment. http://www.sdfhc.org/cc.asp
- Counseling: Counseling sessions are still available to students by phone or by video chat. If you already have an appointment with a therapist, please email them to let them know your preference of keeping your session. If you would like to pause your sessions until you are able to come back to campus, please also let them know via email. Want to schedule an appointment or need a "walk-in" hour? we will need you to call 661-253-7874 and leave your phone number so that a counselor can call you back. Walk in hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12 and 12:30 p.m. and Tuesdays 11 and 11:30 a.m. You always will be able to access our 24/7 counseling line at 855-364-7981.
- Academic Accommodations: If you are still interested in getting accommodations for the semester, we can provide these accommodation sessions over the phone or via video chat. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling appointments.
- Pantries: The pantry in Chouinard 243 will remain open as it has all year. The pantry in 212 will be open starting at 12:00pm on 3/12 and will remain open until further notice.
- Moms: The kitchen will be closed starting on 3/12 until further notice.
Go to Coronavirus Information and Updates