Friends of CalArts (FoCA)
FoCA members represent some of the most influential and affluent arts philanthropists in Southern California and around the country. They are the Institute’s most committed supporters and have raised millions for CalArts scholarships and programs over the past decade. They include alumni, parents of alumni, CalArts Trustees, and arts patrons who are dedicated to supporting the Institute’s vision and excellence through annual leadership gifts.
Throughout the year, FoCA members are invited to a number of intimate salon events that bring them closer to the arts and artists. These exclusive opportunities are always informative, stimulating, and entertaining.
Past FoCA salons have included:
- Conversations with CalArts Trustee Michael Eisner, animator Henry Selick (MFA ’77), architect Frank Gehry, conceptual artist John Baldessari, author and syndicated columnist Arianna Huffington, television writer and producer Norman Lear, and Elevator Service Repair founder and GATZ director John Collins, to name just a few.
- Private viewing of exhibitions at galleries and museums around Los Angeles, including MoCA, the Autry National Center, and LACMA.
- Performances, readings, and musical events in beautiful private homes including, acclaimed architect Ron Radziner and his wife, Robin Cottle, Jon and Lillian Lovelace, and Marc and Jane Nathanson.
- Exclusive ticketing opportunities in New York, including Wang Yuanyuan’s (MFA ’02) performance of HAZE at BAM.
- An annual family event featuring a private screening of Disney-Pixar films.
FoCA membership begins at $2,500, made annually or as a monthly donation. Because we encourage CalArts Alumni from the past decade to remain involved with the Institute, we invite alumni from the past 5 years to join FoCA with a gift of $250, and alumni from the past 6 to 10 years, for a gift of $1,000.
For more information about this diverse and exciting group of CalArts supporters, please call Randy Lakeman, Executive Director of Development, at 661.253.7728, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or review our FoCA brochure.
FoCA is generously supported by
Matt Beard Photography, Official Photographer of the 2012-13 FoCA Season