Welcome to the start of your CalArts experience. As you explore your housing options, consider on-campus housing, which provides greater exposure to the CalArts community and the Santa Clarita Valley. On-campus housing places you in a position to maximize your experience at CalArts. Knowing your community can create a positive living situation. We accommodate just over a third of the campus population through either Chouinard or Ahmanson Hall. If you are interested in on campus accommodations, please submit your housing application.
If you would like to apply for on-campus housing for the 2014-15 academic year, please download and fill out all forms below. Applications can be sent via email, regular mail, or you may drop your application off in the Housing Office. Please include your $350.00 deposit when submitting your application.
Applications and deposits received by the May 1, 2014, deadline will be prioritized and submitted into lottery. Any new student application received after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list.
The new student deadline to submit a completed application and deposit is Thursday, May 1, 2014.
2014/2015 Housing Application
- Download, print and fill out all of the following forms:
- Return ALL FIVE of the completed forms with the required $350 security deposit directly to the Housing Office either by USPS, fax or email. The deadline to submit a completed application deposit is Thursday, May 1, 2014.
- Mailing Address:CalArts Housing Office
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
- Fax: 661.255.2758
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Alternate Methods of Payment: Pay by Phone: Call the Accounting Office 661-253-7846 to pay by credit card. Pay by Wire Transfer: If you are paying by wire transfer, be sure to check with your bank as to the cost of the wire. The bank usually deducts the cost of the wire from the amount of money that you send, which in some instances may cause your payment to be short. Please use the following information: Bank of America -Woodland Hills Branch, 5945 Canoga Avenue, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 Make payable to: California Institute of the Arts, Account #1465-0-01460, Routing #026-009-593, Swift Code - BOFAUS3N Please include the student's name and ID number.
Note: Faxed and emailed applications will not be processed until the $350 deposit is received.
- Download and print out the 2014/2015 Housing Brochure for additional information about living on campus and residential life.
- View the Cafe's Meal Plan options. All BFA 1 and BFA 2 on-campus residents are required to purchase a Meal Plan.