Bijou Theater After Hours Use
After Hours Use
The campus projection Bijou Theater seats 120 and is managed by the Library. Faculty, staff, students and alumni may request to schedule the Bijou for After Hours use. Contact the Film Services Manager at least 2 weeks in advance.
Scheduling confirmation depends on availability, a projectionist, and approval. All non-class uses are approved on a case by case basis, and require advance payment. Please send or give to the Film Services Manager a completed Bijou Theater Reservation form.
All personal materials projected in the Bijou are shown at the owners’ discretion. Damage to any of the materials, however
unlikely, cannot be compensated.
Individuals who schedule screenings that are not in-class face to face teaching take full responsibility for acquiring the appropriate permissions from the copyright holder. Admission fees or donations cannot be charged. For more information, please see the Library Moving Image Copyright Policy.
After Hours Use Fee $22.00 per hour
Paid prior to use
After the last scheduled class and weekends
Monday-Thursday usually after 7pm or 10pm
Friday usually after 7pm
Saturday all hours
Sunday prior to 7pm & after 10pm
Bijou Festival Week
Monday-Thursday after midnight
Monday-Thursday all hours
1. Contact the Film Services Manager and submit a Bijou Theater Reservation Form at least two weeks in advance.
2. Scheduling confirmation depends on the facility availability, projectionist scheduling, approval, and payment.
3. Film Services Manager will give you a copy of the Bijou Theater Reservation Form, which acts as an invoice to be paid.
4. Bijou Theater Reservation Form (invoice) and payment are collected at the CalArts Institute Cashier’s window. Checks may be paid to California Institute of the Arts.
Cashier’s hours: Monday-Friday 9am-12 noon & 1- 4pm
5. Return the cashier’s receipt to Film Services Manager to confirm your reservation.
35mm &16mm film
All Regions: Blu-ray, DVD & VHS
Betacam / Betacam SP/SX/IMX / Digital Betacam
Mini-DV & DVCAM (NTSC and PAL)
Computer presentation capability
HD computer files
For further assistance, contact:
Film Services Manager
Visual Arts Librarian