- iGrad Financial Literacy resources and information.
- Loan Repayment Calculator - an interactive tool that allows you to estimate your monthly loan payments when you leave school.
- Graduating or leaving CalArts? - If you've borrowed Federal Loans, you are required to participate in an exit interview to ensure you know the terms and conditions of your loan.
- National Student Loan Data System - Look up your student loans at the U.S. Department of Education’s student loan database.
- Repaying My Loans - Repayment plans are designed to meet the different needs of individual borrowers.
- Repayment Plans and Calculators - Calculate your estimated repayment amount under each of the different plans.
- What is Deferment? - Under certain circumstances, you can receive periods of deferment or forbearance that allow you to postpone loan repayment
- Consolidation - Understanding Loan Consolidation: Is it the Right Move for You?
- Loan Forgiveness for Public Service Employees - Loan forgiveness after you have made 120 payments on federal loans under certain repayment plans while employed full time by certain public service employers. Employees are nonprofit organizations may also be eligible; see click here for details.
- Cancellation/Deferment Options for Teachers - If you're a teacher serving in a low-income or subject-matter shortage area, it might be possible for you to cancel or defer your student loans.
- Teach for America - You can use the education award toward repayment of qualified student loans, teacher training and certification, future graduate school costs.
- Americorps - National service program - Pay back qualified student loans or earn education award to pay for college.
- Peace Corps - Options for possible deferment or partial cancellation of student loans.
- Federal Student Aid Ombudsman - Helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans.
- Student Loan Borrower Assistance Project - A resource for borrowers, their families, and advocates representing student loan borrowers.
The CalArts Financial Aid Office is here to help find an answer to your question. Please call 800-443-0480 and ask to speak to our Loan Coordinator.