Financial Aid FAQ
How do I view and accept my financial aid offer (Award Letter) online
Login to Student Academic Services Online where you can access your financial aid offer: http://aar.calarts.edu/student.html
- Click on "Financial Aid Offers."
- Click on "Show Award Details."
- Print the "offer" (award Letter).
- Accept or Decline each award.
- Print "Conditions of Acceptance."
- Sign and date, making sure your name is legible.
- Return both of these pages to the CalArts Financial Aid Office as soon as possible so that we can process your financial aid.
- Additional forms may be required for your financial aid to be finalized. You must print, fill out, sign, and return each document listed on the financial aid offer page. You may also wait until you receive the complete packet in the mail.
How do I log in?
RETURNING students: use their CalArts PIN or their CalArts email address for the user ID.
NEW students: use the CalArts PIN or email address that you were assigned when applying to CalArts for the user ID.
You must then obtain a password if you do not have one.
How do I obtain a password?
- At the link listed above, enter either the CalArts PIN or the email address, and click on the "Log On" button.
- On the next page, select "Create a new password and send it to my email."
It may take up to 20 minutes to receive your password.
New Students - or First Time Student Loan Borrower: How do I apply for my Federal Direct Stafford Student Loans?
If you wish to apply for the Stafford Loan, please indicate "Accept" for the loan(s) on your financial aid award letter.
Complete a Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note.
Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
The PLUS Loan process has additional requirements.
How Much Money Do I Need to Pay My Tuition Bill?
An “Estimated Payment Worksheet” is provided here to help you determine what your “direct costs” to CalArts will be. It may also be helpful in determining how much loan you may choose to borrow. Please note that this is only a tool for “estimating” your bill. You will have access to your actual bill at a later date.
Do you offer a tuition payment plan?
CalArts offers payment options that can help you afford your education. Once accepted, you may enroll in one of the monthly payment plans offered by our partner, Tuition Management Systems. The payment option is available for a small enrollment fee and includes personal account service, automated account information 24 hours a day and access to your account through their website at www.afford.com/calarts. Please visit the Tuition Management website for more information on payment options.
How Can I Get Work Study?
Please visit the Work Study FAQ.