Methods of Payment
These are the accepted methods for payment of a student's CalArts account.
CalArts partners with Tuition Management System (TMS) to enable online payments. Through the TMS website, payments can be processed for tuition, fees, room, board and other student account-related balances. You may pay in full online by electronic check, from your checking or savings account. Please include the student’s name and ID number.
Pay by Phone
Call the Accounting Office at (661) 253-7846 to pay your balance due in full with Visa, Mastercharge, Discover, or American Express. Please have the student’s name and ID number available.
Pay by Mail
- Check or money order payable to "CalArts."
- All payments must be made in U.S. dollars; foreign currency will not be accepted.
- Please include student's name and ID number on check or money order.
- Please mail to:
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
Pay by Wire Transfer
If paying by wire transfer, be sure to check with your bank the cost of the wire. The bank usually deducts the cost of the wire from the amount of money that you send, which in some instances may cause your payment to be short. Please use the following information:
Bank of America – Woodland Hills Branch
5945 Canoga Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Make payable to:
California Institute of the Arts
Account # 1465-0-01460
Routing # 026-009-593
Swift Code – BOFAUS3N
Please include the student’s name and ID number.
If you are sending a payment from a non US bank account, CalArts has partnered up with Western Union (a.k.a. Travelex Global Business Payments) to expedite your payment and save all parties on wire fees. Please click link Western Union Info Sheet for detailed information. To begin the payment process click link CalArts/Western Union international student payment portal and follow the steps to receive a statement with your rate quote which you will print out and take to your bank and instruct them to initiate the wire as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the balance on your student account, please contact:
Monthly Payment Option
In an effort to help students and families meet their educational expenses, CalArts has partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to administer a monthly payment plan. CalArts payment plan is an Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan, handled by Tuition Management Systems, which allows you to divide tuition and other expenses into four smaller monthly payments spread out over the semester.
- The cost to enroll is $45 per semester. There is no interest or other costs as long as you make your payments on time. If your payment is late, there is a $40 late fee.
- Once enrolled, you will be billed monthly by Tuition Management Systems. Payments can be made through Tuition Management Systems online, by phone or by mail. Automatic monthly deductions from your checking or savings accounts are available at no additional cost.
- TMS wire information:
60 Livingston Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55107
Make payable to:
Tuition Management Systems
Account # 130117951140
Routing # 042000013
Swift Code – USBKUS44IMT
Please be sure to include the student’s name and TMS account number.
- For the fall semester, TMS offers a four payment plan. Your payments are due by Aug. 1, Sept. 1, Oct. 1. and Nov. 1. If your semester balance is not paid in full by Nov. 15th, you will not be eligible for a payment plan the following semester.
- For the spring semester, TMS offers a four payment plan. Your payments are due by Dec. 1, Jan. 1, Feb. 1, and March 1. If your semester balance is not paid in full by March 15th, you will not be eligible for a payment plan the following semester.
- If you enroll in a TMS payment plan which is then terminated for nonpayment, the entire outstanding balance for the semester becomes due to CalArts immediately. If you have a history of delinquent payments you may not be eligible for a payment plan in the future.
- To find out more or to set up a payment plan, please visit TMS's website or call TMS at (800) 722-4867.
Pay in Person
The Accounting Office is open from 9 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday, closed on Fridays Mid-May through the end of August. During these hours payments may be made in person via credit card, cash, personal check, cashier's check, traveler's check, and money order. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars; foreign currency will not be accepted.