Position Category: Non-Academic
Position Title: Lounge Manager
Reports To: Associate Director
Time: Full Time
Term of Employment:
Information & Responsibilities
This full-time, salaried position reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for managing The Lounge at REDCAT (Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater). The Lounge at REDCAT is an integral part of our operations and provides services in conjunction with performances, exhibitions and special events. The Lounge is the point of purchase for merchandise and a gathering point for a community of artists and audiences, and operates a minimum of six days a week, with hours that vary along with public programs. REDCAT is an interdisciplinary arts center with a flexible 180–250 seat performance space and 3,000 square-foot gallery that presents influential contemporary artists working in performing, visual and media arts.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of retail sales, including food, espresso beverages, spirits, books and merchandise, and coordinating all aspects of catered receptions and special events in conjunction with REDCAT programming staff;
• Monitor food and labor costs to meet established projections, and maximizing revenue through menu expansion and development, product selection and pricing, and catering revenues;
• Ensure consistent and accurate financial management, cash handling procedures, customer invoicing, and monthly inventory and sales reports;
• Manage hourly café and catering staff, including hiring, training, scheduling and performance evaluations;
• Order inventory and supplies, working with various vendors, and maintaining Lounge equipment and facility;
• Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional efforts;
• Ensure compliance with health regulations for food and alcoholic beverage service, and maintaining excellent customer service standards, consistent quality product, and professional presentation of the lounge.
• Passionate and articulate interest in the contemporary arts.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
• Ability to lead, supervise and motivate staff, while working effectively as part of a team;
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with managerial experience.
How to Apply
This position is available immediate. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Lounge Manager in order to be considered.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.
California Institute of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.