CAP Filmmaking Programs
CAP/William S. Hart Park and Museum Free youth Filmmaking Workshop
Designed for students ages 10-17, this seven-week, tuition free program introduces students the world of silent filmmaking and provides guidance in creating original silent films. Participants will go on a location-based film shoot to Castaic Lake and screen their work in a culmination festival for family and friends. Students will spend the first day learning about theatre and acting from the Canyon Theatre Guild and the next 6 days creating a short silent film with instructors from the CalArts Community Arts Partnership (CAP). All participants must commit to attending all 7 workshop days, plus the screening event. Admittance into the program is by application only. This program is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation, and the William S. Hart Museum.
- Dates: Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25th & Nov. 1, 8, and 15th of 2014.
- Time: Saturdays @ 1-5pm.
- Culmination Screening: Saturday, December 13th, 2014 @ 2:00pm (Location: CalArts Bijuo Theater).
- Workshop Location: William S. Hart Park & Museum - Hart Hall; 24151 Newhall Ave, Newhall, CA 91321.
- Apply Online: Click here to complete the application for the program.
- Contact: For more information or questions, contact email@example.com