Jump to Navigation

Undergraduate applicants

High School Students

Graduation from an accredited secondary school or its CalArts approved equivalent is required to enter and graduate from the undergraduate certificate or the BFA program. Equivalence may be established by completing the General Educational Development examination or a comparable regional test. High School students may send interim transcripts sent during the admissions process but must arrange for final transcripts to be sent upon graduation.

Home-Schooled Students

Home-schooled applicants must submit a transcript or detailed syllabi of courses (equivalent to grades 9-12) and a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or comparable regional test such as the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE).

Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate credits

California Institute of the Arts grants Critical Studies credit toward the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree for successful completion of examinations in the Advanced Placement Program
of the College Entrance Examination Board and for the International Baccalaureate Diploma.

Students presenting scores of 3 or better on the AP exam or a 4 or better on the IB exam are granted 4 semester units toward the Critical Studies requirement for each examination in the Humanities or Sciences as they relate to Critical Studies core curriculum requirements.

Last edited by mryan on Jun 28, 2012
Close Menu
Open Menu